Monday, October 10, 2011

Blend Door Repair

Repairing a faulty temperature blend door is no easy task.  Although the replacement part only costs about $35-40, the extensive labor required makes the a service center repair cost around $1,100-1,400.  The service center I visited quoted 11 hours from start to finish for the repair.  An author on another site showing a step-by-step on the repair writes that it takes 24 hours to complete.  A few friends offered to help me with the repair, but I preferred the service center route since I got GM to pay half. 

If you want to do it yourself, here's the step-by-step I mentioned at Handymanlyness:

http://www.handymanlyness.com/archives/auto/repair/climate_control/heater/2006_Chevy_Equinox/air_temp_blend_door/replace_actuator_06_Equinox.html

2 comments:

  1. I called chevy this afternoon told them the problem, the research that I have done, and seems to major problem these cars, I also told them its a good thing it didn't go out in a blizzard coming back from my sons hockey game cause north Dakota gets pretty cold, had my ducks in row , Chevrolet taking it in wed. to fix I was also told if your car is under 120000 its under warranty for heating issues :)

    ReplyDelete