1) 183 Complaints to the National Highway Traffic Safety Association (NHTSA). It's not immediately apparent that this many complaints have been filed since they are under many categories. There are actually more, but I didn't include those that didn't specifically mention the blend door. However, I found the following breakdown:
|ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING||5|
|ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:COOLING SYSTEM||5|
|UNKNOWN OR OTHER||8|
|VISIBILITY :POWER WINDOW DEVICES AND CONTROLS||1|
I did take a good deal of time to try and weed out double submissions, but I probably didn't get them all. Still, since I left many complaints of broken heating systems that didn't mention the blend door specifically, this number is likely in the correct range. Search them yourself or file a complaint here: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/complaints/
2) A total of 505 comments on the topic of "2006 Chevy Equinox heater blows cool air" on Topix.com. The link to that thread is here: http://www.topix.com/forum/autos/chevrolet-equinox/TNMHVCTE76U9HGTH4
3) There are 20 threads on ChevroletForum.com related to the issue. (link to search). Each thread has multiple responses.
4) SueEasy.com includes 384 posts on the topic. Though I have no idea if this site is reputable from a legal perspective, it suggests the possibility of a class action lawsuit. (link to thread)
5) A total of 56 complaints (including mine) on CarComplaints.com. (link to thread)
This is just from the first few websites that pop up on a simple Google Search. Given the rest of the sites that came up, I'm sure the list could keep going, but I think the point has been made.